Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lily livered law students !!!

"IT TAKES 15 TREES TO PRODUCE THE AMOUNT OF PAPER THAT LAW SCHOOL USES TO WRITE ONE EXAM. JOIN US IN RE-BRANDING AND SAVING NIGERIAN TREES... SAY NO TO BAR FINAL EXAMS" ANON

I have been forwarding the message above as a text message to my friends who are all stressed out because bar finals is fast approaching. I was expecting them to jump at this golden opportunity but their responses have been largely uninspiring.

"Right after you darling", "lol,let me know how it goes", "you are on your own" and "let's get our certificate first and we can then rebrand" are some of the responses I've received. What kind of spineless lawyers are we breeding ? Lawyers were at the forefront in Nigeria's struggle for independence. Lawyers fought the military regimes in Nigeria to a stand still.

I fear for my own generation. They can't even be counted on to stand up against an exam we all dread. Society should not expect much from them.

13 comments:

LG said...

LOL@"Right after you darling",
b4 nko :-)

*how u

Anonymous said...

lolllllllllllllll, definitely after you, if I were in their shoes.

Nice one. I should be back.

Have a good weekend.

NaijaBabe said...

I would have said Nigeris is not the only place where exams are taken, but then again half the other countries are recycling these days. So I feel your point. Something needs to be done. Maybe you guys should do online tests instead, but then again, where are the facilities not the electricity? hmmmmm

It has to start from somewhere.

Good luck in your exams though, all the best. Lets hear how it goes o

theicequeen said...

good luck with your exams o! pass first, recycle later :P

Bwari Boy said...

@ LG - I am good o. Welcome back.

@ Babajidesalu - Thanks sir. Have a good weekend too.

@Naijababe - Thanks a lot. Congrats on d bsc. How we go celebrate? Some garri with a touch of vodka?

@ Icequeen - You are sounding like my friends.I think I'll take your advice.

The Bookaholic said...

BwariBoy, interesting and inciting post...we should get down to some serious thinking, shouldn't we?

olusimeon said...

lol..guy..u cant blame them,..if na me sef..i'll say samething...
was thinkin you'll have a picture of la liga amongst the bwari photo slide...
all the best..

Bwari Boy said...

@ The Bookaholic-
Yes o! We should do some serious thinking. I guess I was just wishing my exams away sha. Thanks for stopping here, will check out your blog.

@ Simeone - How could I forget la liga? That outstanding "landmark" of Bwari.Will check out your blog.

NaijaBabe said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BB oh no you did not!!!!
You have officially been taken of my favourite list and I'm not talking blogroll ....hiss
No more special treatment for you

Bwari Boy said...

@ Naijababe _ Ha! Ha! Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

NaijaBabe said...

Ku ise so gbo!

Isabella said...

lol ..u guys are funny!!

Well it was a bit chicken of them to back out like that ..I expect us law students to stand up tall!

Bwari Boy said...

@MFHLNQ - Hmm, if only you were here, you could lead these chicken law students by setting the example and standing up tall.