Thursday, January 22, 2009

Deep Shit 2 !!

Blessed is the Nigeria Law School student
Who walketh not in the counsel of unserious students
Nor standeth in the way of idlers
Nor sitteth in the seat of the reckless
But whose delight is in all the law courses
And in them does he meditate day and night

He shall be like some past students
Who through day and night reading
Earned first class and second class upper
But the idle students are not so
Therefore they shall not proudly stand
Before the justices of the Supreme Court
To shake hands with them with joy
On the glorious call to bar day.

This law school version of the beatitudes has been spotted in strategic parts of the school. All I can say is that I've got my work cut out for me although I also think the author must be some masochist. I mean how can one "delight in the law courses" and "meditate on it day and night". When its not ice cream?
I am considering adding "Nor watcheth Africa Magic all day" after the 4th line and then putting it in one large frame that would hang in my hostel common room. Good idea methinks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BB! with the modus oprandi of the honorable law school, only a non compos mentis can delight in the law courses and meditate on it day and night...:) i wud rather watch africa magic all day mayne!

Anonymous said...

when its not ice cream - funny line rotflmao.tried ur no all d while when i was home 4 xmas but cudnt reach u.

Bwari Boy said...

@ anon 1 - I must commend your latin, am figuring u r a lawyer. I had to google "non compos mentis". I give up with Africa Magic. I've lost that battle.

@ anon 2 - I am sorry. Not sure who you are but drop me a mail and we'll take it from there.

NaijaBabe said...

Me too I called you o! LOL
I kid!

Ermm but you can like to chill on the Africa magic...
No, dont get it framed, get it sung at assembly everyday...LOL

Ps I know you dont have assembly so shush

Bwari Boy said...

@ Naijababe - sorry just realising you posted here too. Still waiting 4 ideas to get the tv off bloody Africa Magic.